Helpful Design Tips for Your Bedroom
Your bedroom is your own personal space where you get to escape. After a long day of work, cooking, cleaning, and keeping up with life’s chores, know that you have the opportunity to relax and unwind within your bedroom. Overall, your bedroom serves as a sanctuary away from stress. Therefore, you will want it to be a beautiful and functional space!
However, with many ways in which you can design your own bedroom, you may be wondering how to go about creating your own space.
We believe that every part of your home should be designed to perfection! That’s why, here at White Oak Interiors, as Chicago interior designers, we have put together a few tips to assist you with creating your own bedroom. Would you like to discover what these helpful tips are? If so, be sure to continue reading:
Your bed is a huge focal point for your bedroom. After all, would it really be a bedroom without somewhere to lay your head for the night? In addition, know that your bed is actually the perfect opportunity for you to showcase a bold and dramatic sense of style. Also, know that the best part is that your bedding is not permanent, as you can change it up whenever you would like!
- For example, you may want to present a bright and airy appearance for spring with floral bedding, and then change it to a deep and luxurious appeal with a rich maroon duvet to complement the months of fall and winter.
- Overall, know that the opportunities are truly endless when it comes to highlighting bedding, such as comforters, throw pillows, and throw blankets. So, let your creativity shine!
Storage is a wonderful thing, for many reasons! You get to keep all your favorite possessions nearby, yet out of sight. With efficient storage, you have the opportunity to present each item with its own “home”, while also showcasing beauty.
- A great way to conquer your clutter is by utilizing furniture such as nightstands and armoires. This way, you have areas to place your belongings, while also highlighting lovely elements of décor.
- In addition, know that under-bed storage is also ideal, as it’s the perfect way for you to easily tuck your items away. A wonderful under-bed option is to place your items within big bags where the air can be sucked out of them, making it so your items are within a thin, organized bag, which can be easily slid under your bed.
- And, let’s not forget closets, as they often present ample areas for storage with the use of shelves, hangers, cabinets, and bins.
- If you choose to utilize bins, know that clear tubs are great for storage, as you can see what’s within them. Or, if you prefer a hidden appeal, just pull out your label maker so that you can mark the outside with what’s inside them.
A Dash of Color
You can bring a much-needed pop of color to your room that will create a stunning dynamic. However, don’t feel as though you can only present color among your walls, or just simplistic colors!
- For example, if your room is mostly monochromatic, you can add a gorgeous pop of red or blue, whichever color will contrast best.
- In addition, know that you can present color among items within your space, such as with your window treatments, throw pillows, throw blankets, an upholstered headboard, artwork among your walls, or even an area rug.
- No matter how you choose to present color throughout your bedroom, know that a pop of vibrancy is sure to bring a great deal of character to your space!
You have the opportunity to add beauty to your bedroom in many unique and creative ways. These are just a few tips to help inspire your own design!
Are you all set to design your own home with an interior designer in Crystal Lake, Illinois? If so, please contact us here at White Oak Interiors, as we would be pleased with the opportunity to work with you!
Photo Credit: H Photography