Whether you are seeking to rejuvenate your home’s style or just needing an upgrade, buying new furniture is an exciting experience!
There are many different furniture pieces that can make a lovely addition to your home. If you feel the need to get new furniture, now is a great time to do so.
But, with all the stunning pieces of furniture and the seemingly infinite number of styles, how do you know which one to buy for your space?
Here at White Oak Interiors, we believe that your home should look and feel comfortable for you. That’s why we have put together a few key tips for purchasing furniture for your own home. Read on to learn how you can choose furniture that will work well with your space:
- Matching Isn’t Always Best. Sometimes, it’s our first instinct to ensure that everything matches. A cohesive look where everything complements the space is intriguing. However, sometimes the most unique style is something that stands out and makes you look twice. You don’t have to match everything!
- In fact, you can let your creativity shine by choosing fabrics and appearances of different colors and patterns for a unique appeal.
- Be Sure of Sizes. When you run into a large piece that you feel would look impeccable within your home, your first instinct may be to swoop it up before it’s gone. But, what if that piece can’t fit in your home? What if you can’t even get it through your front door? Consider sizes of your furniture and how you will get it through the door, before you buy.
- In addition, always measure the space within your home where you plan to place your furniture. You will want to ensure that your new piece will fit just right and showcase the best style.
- Sample the Colors. Colors differ in different settings. For example, a couch you see in the store will likely look different in your lighting, and a chair you see online may look much different among your other elements of decor.
- Taking home color swatches is a wonderful way to ensure that the furniture’s true colors will look good in your own home.
Every home should showcase great décor! These tips can assist you with choosing flawless furniture for yours. Here at White Oak Interiors, as an Interior designer in Chicago, we can assist you with your own interior design projects. Please feel free to contact us today to share your vision and begin planning with your Crystal Lake, Illinois interior designer.
Photo Credit: H Photography