Small bedroom decorating doesn’t have to be difficult!
If you have a small bedroom, it can be difficult to fit all your belongings into your space, not to mention decorating it. After finally getting your bedroom put together, you now have the opportunity to decorate and make the space your own. But, what could you possibly do to adorn your room with decorative pieces that you love?
No matter how small your room is, there are quite a few ways in which you can still add your own personal touch. Your space doesn’t have to lack personality just because it is smaller in size.
Here at White Oak Interiors, we believe that every room has the potential to showcase your passions and character, even small rooms. That’s why we have put together a few ideas that will inspire you to make a statement with your own small bedroom decorating. To learn how you can make the most of a tiny space, be sure to continue reading:
- If You Can’t Decorate Out, Decorate Up. Even if your space is way too small to add a gorgeous end table or lovely plant stand, you still have options. Instead of trying to decorate outwards, you can decorate up. A poster bed is a great way to add your own personal flair to your bedroom. You can also adorn your poster bed with fabric, to add even more pizzazz.
- Give Your Tiny Space Some Big Personality. Colors play a huge role in our world! After all, everything in life showcases some color. You can use specific colors to communicate different feelings. Using light colors, such as grey, white, or light blue, will allow your space to feel more open, and it will give your tiny space a big personality.
- Take Pleasure in Simplicity. Your bedroom can surely feature bright and colorful items and huge pieces of décor. But, for a smaller room, that’s just not an option. Take pleasure in the minimalist approach. Simple décor is a great way to go for personality and space. You can discover tiny knick knacks and showcase creative pieces that will add a powerful punch to your décor.
- A Natural Light. Light can always make a room feel more welcome and comfortable. If you are battling a small space, you can open it up and create a warm feeling with natural light. Don’t hide your windows, and opt for shear curtains, to add an abundant appeal to your little space.
- Create Some Depth. There are more ways in which you can create your space to look more open. Wall art is a great way to add personality to your room without taking up floor space. It can even be used to create depth, such as arranging your wall art to be displayed in a pyramid shape.
Your tiny space doesn’t have to lack any flair! These are a few ideas that can inspire you to make the most out of your small bedroom decorating. Here at White Oak Interiors, as an interior designer in Crystal Lake, Illinois, we would be honored to inspire your interior design. To begin working with a Chicago interior designer, please feel free to get in touch with us today.
Photo Credit: H Photography