15 Great Ideas to Create the Master Bedroom of Your Dreams
As the largest bedroom in your home, updating your master bedroom’s decor can seem like a daunting task. Typically the master bedroom will also have an adjacent master bath and large walk-in closet that can both play a role in how you plan your new space. Changing a master bedroom’s look is also a challenge because you will want it to reflect your unique style.
A master bedroom’s myriad of options
Most homeowners design master bedrooms with privacy and relaxation in mind, but they seldom stop and think about what kind of tone or character they want to set for the room. Before embarking on your master bedroom makeover, decide how you want it to make you feel. For example, do you want a calming sanctuary to take a break from the world, an exciting get-away with just the right touch of whimsy or will it be your unique retreat filled with books, music and a quiet sitting area? Regardless of your goals, here are 15 affordable ways you can create a stunning master bedroom.
15 Ways to add style to your master bedroom
- Decide on a design style and stick with it. A cohesive design style will make the room feel larger and help you avoid mismatched pieces.
- Add a cohesive color scheme. Depending on your goals, you can save time and money choosing a color scheme right from the project’s start.
- Add quality furniture pieces. Although it’s tempting to save money on low cost furniture, this approach can leave you filled with regret when a dresser or side table easily breaks, chips or warps.
- Choose the fabrics first and the paint color last. It’s easier to match a wall color to a fabric than the other way around.
- Select draperies to complete the look. Draperies play an important role in your master bedroom’s makeover adding privacy and warmth to the space.
- Add a sitting area for quality down time. If one of your goals is to create a quiet sanctuary, then adding a sitting room or reading area is a must.
- Consider crown molding. Crown molding on ceilings or walls can add just the right touch of detail to the room and can break up large walls.
- Bring the outdoors in by adding plants. Plants freshen indoor air and brighten our rooms with their unique forms and ceramic planters.
- Hide televisions and other electronics. Televisions, electronics and power cords should be hidden from view when ever possible.
- Freshen up your with new bed linens. Adding new sheets and comforters will add a fresh new look.
- Swap out your pillows. Add a special touch of luxury to your master bedroom with quality down pillows. .
- Add task and mood lighting. Reading lamps on side tables or a small lamp on a dresser will achieve just the right ambience.
- Place a bedroom bench at the foot of the bed. Benches at the foot of your bed can be used for dressing in the morning or increased storage space.
- Add a headboard. Headboards can add a perfect focal point to any master bedroom.
- Declutter. Once your master bedroom makeover is complete, make sure to organize the space and only put back into the space those items, you really like and care about.
When planning your master bedroom makeover, it’s best to leave the details to a professional. At White Oak Interiors we can help you deliver the entire master bedroom project from start to finish. If you need advice on how to create the master bedroom of your dreams, call expert interior designer, Carmen Boyer at White Oak Interiors. Carmen has experience coordinating the right finishes, fixtures and furniture to create your unique space. Call White Oak Interiors today at 847 854-8892 and schedule your in-home consultation.